Taking a hint from the grand success of the Swift hatchback, India’s most favourite car maker, Maruti Suzuki, had released the Swift Dzire in the Indian car market way back in 2008. Since its first launch in the country, the Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire has managed to emerge as the best selling sedan for Maruti Suzuki. And now Maruti Suzuki has launched an upgraded version of the model with added features and better efficiency.
Let us check out the 5 best features in this car:
· On the outside, the new Swift Dzire comes with a newly designed bumper and head lamps along with chrome accented fog lights. The additional chrome touches and the redesigned bumper lend the car a more elegant look. Its appearance is further improved by the new set of alloy wheels. However, when seen from the rear, this new model looks quite similar to the older one with its wrap around tail lamps and the boot lid. Stepping into the car, we see that the overall layout of the cabin and controls have been retained, although Maruti has added some new features as standard across all the trims to be at par with the current trends in car technology.
· In the upgraded list, the top model now comes with engine start stop button, front and rear charging socket, new upholstery, electrically operated rear view mirrors, audio and Bluetooth controls mounted on the steering wheel, sensor for reverse parking and much more. The overall dimensions of the new Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire are 3955 mm length, 1695 mm width and 1555 mm height. It comes with a wheel base of 2430 mm and offers ground clearance of 170 mm.
· Talking about the engine specifications, the new Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire is now powered by either the 1248 cc DDiS diesel engine or the 1197cc, K-series VVT petrol engine. While the diesel engine is capable of generating 75 bhp of power and 190Nm of max torque, the petrol engine can generate 85 bhp of max power and 115Nm of torque.
· Maruti Suzuki claims that they have made several modifications in the engine hardware which has resulted in better thermal efficiency and has reduced loss due to friction. So the Dzire now offers a fuel efficiency of 26.59 kmpl for the diesel unit, which has gone up by around 13 per cent over the earlier model.
· Meanwhile, the petrol driven model comes with a fuel efficiency of 20.85 kmpl, showing an improvement of over 9 per cent.
The petrol version of the new Swift Dzire is priced at 5.08 lakh for the base trim and goes up to 6.81 lakh for the top one, while for the diesel model the price starts at around 6.0 lakh going up to 7.82 lakh. The new Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire is likely to face rivalry from the Ford Figo Aspire, Hyundai Xcent, Tata Zest and Honda Amaze in the domestic car market.