Every car owner needs tools to carry out things such as maintenance, repairs and cleaning of their car. Every car owner should always have certain tools on them to ensure they’re ready for anything that happens.
- 1. A jack and jack stands are always handy tools that every car owner should have. These are essential for when changing tyres at home or at road side as well as carrying out other repairs or changes to the car where you may have to raise it.
- 2. A spare tyre is always a good thing for a car owner to have, especially when travelling far as you never know when you might get a punctured tyre. Make sure that it’s safe and legal with 1.6mm of tread depth across 75% of the tyre and has no cuts or bulges in the tyre wall. On your driving lessons you will notice that your instructor always carries a road worthy spare tyre with them in case of an emergency.
- 3. A pump always comes in handy as a car owner. There is normally one at your local petrol station however you may be better investing in one as it will last you a lifetime and save you having to pay to use it. You also have the advantage of always having one with you and not having to run to the garage to pump your tyres up.
- 4. If you’re going to change a tyre you will need something to take the bolts off with won’t you? A tyre iron will do this and it’s a practical tool that every car owner should have in the boot of their car.
- 5. Another practical tool is a socket set which will help you when trying to get into those hard to reach places under your bonnet. A socket set is another must have tool for a car owner and it’s advised that you always carry it around with you.
- 6. De-icer spray and a window scraper will be much appreciated by you on those icy mornings. With these tools you will no longer have to sit in your car on a morning and waste 10 minutes de-icing the window before you go to work.
- 7. To help when maintaining and repairing your car every car owner needs a good pair of vice grips. These are useful when it comes to holding things in place, like an extra pair of hands and they fit many car parts!
- 8. Finally every car owner should have a funnel as they prove very useful when topping up your engine fluids. On your driving lessons you might be shown by your instructor where all the engine fluids go to prepare you for your show me tell me questions, if you aren’t but you would like them to run through it just ask them!
If you don’t already have the 8 tools above for your car then go out and buy them as you will find them very useful throughout your driving life to carry out various tasks. Some of these tools are carried around in the car you take your driving lessons in.