If you are bent on protecting your car from pollution, tiny dings, moisture and bird excrement, you have to buy the right kind of car cover. There are different covers available in the market. Some of them offer the total car protection package while others leave much to be desired. Keep reading to find out more about car covers that will suit your car.
Part of owning a vehicle, whether it is a Lexus, Hyundai, Infiniti or Jeep, is keeping it looking awesome. This is where all the washing, waxing and buffing come in. Each week you detail every scrape, blotch, nick and mark on the outside of the car. Still, all of these might not be enough to provide full protection. Enemies are everywhere: from harmful ultraviolet rays to bird poop to acid rain. All these can foil even the most diligent car cleaning.
The good news is there is an automotive accessory available for keeping the car clean. That is, of course, provided it is used whenever the vehicle will be parked for an extended period. This is aside from the usual floor mats, cargo liners and whatnot, of course. Introducing: car covers. Below are a number of handy hints for picking out the right cover for the car, truck, SUV or van you own.
Car Cover Shopping Tips
In shopping for decent custom car cover, consider what else the cover does besides cover the car.
- Is it made of durable material that breathes or is it going to tear if weighed down by ice and snow?
- Will the product withstand weather or climate extremes – harsh winters and scorching summers?
- Is it capable of protecting against harmful UV rays. For people living in areas like Arizona where the sunshine is pretty intense, go for covers that offer maximum sun protection.
- Will it be rain repellant or at least rain resistant?
- Will the vehicle covers resist dust and dirt? The best ones keep even the smallest of dust particles from gathering, the kind of dust that can even ruin cars kept in the garage.
- Do the covers feature multiple layers for shielding the vehicle against even minor damage? Pay particular attention to this if your car is often parked in public areas.
- Does the cover come with side mirror pockets? This ensures the best fit.
- Is there an extensive guarantee provided for the cover? If so, find out the available colors and the return policies (if any) on the selected cover.
Top of the line car covers allow for cleaning in the washing machine. You just select cold to warm water, apply typical bleach-less laundry detergent, then dry it out on the permanent press cycle on the dryer. Simple. Even the dirtiest vehicle covers will be clean again. For best results, make sure you follow the manufacturer’s specifications for correct handling and care.