We are all aware that the main part of the car is the engine. It provides the force required to move the vehicle by mixing air with the fuel, compressing the two and igniting the mix. The cylinder is the most important part of the engine. The fuel and air mixture is compressed with the upward movement of the pistons in the cylinder. The spark plugs are ignited when there is compression of the mixture. The crankshaft that is attached to the axle of the car forces the pistons down with the combustion.
Given below are several reasons for malfunctioning of car engines. The problems that could occur in the car engine are:
- Mixture of bad fuel – The fuel could contain impurities or the amount of fuel fed to the fuel mix may not be sufficient. If there is improper intake of air it could result in a bad fuel mix.
- Compressed air sampling – The air and fuel compression should be right for the igniting of the mixture. Care should be taken to ensure that there is no lack of compressed air for igniting the engine. There should not be a leak or a hole in the cylinder due to worn out piston rings as this could give rise to faulty compression. The exhaust valves and intake valves should be properly sealed to ensure no fuel leakage.
- Spark should be maintained – In order to ensure that the fuel and air mix is ignited, it is important to maintain the spark plugs. The spark should occur at the right time for the fuel to burn. If the ignition cycle is not prompted immediately there will be problems.
- Care should be taken to avoid overheating – Heating reduces the engine efficiency and this is the reason cooling systems are placed to ensure that the engine does not overheat. If there is a leak in the cooling system, this will encourage the fan to work poorly or results in wearing out of the fan belts.
- Oil Grade and Oil Type changes – It is important to use the recommended oil grade and oil type. Reactions will take place to the contrary if the specifications are not right. The other cause for poor performance of the car’s engine is when dirt and moisture are found in the oil.
Engine problems mainly occur when the car parts get clogged. The engine surges or gets overheated when the parts are worn out. Excess fuel is consumed when the valves and seals are damaged. It is necessary for inspecting the engine to ensure that there are no damaged or worn out parts and to replace them as soon as this happens. Clean the oil filters regularly so that they do not get clogged or become dirty. This will reduce the smooth running of the engine. Read the instructions provided in the manual and follow their recommendations when you wish to change or replace any car parts. If any part that is replaced is incompatible, it will endanger the car engine further.