Websites can be a powerful tool used by auto dealerships to find quality leads. An active blog can be as well. Maintaining and updating a blog on a regular basis to promote your dealership’s deals, services or events is the best way to drive traffic to your website and generate leads.
A blog in your dealership’s website can be a promotional tool used to draw targeted traffic to your website and thereby convert them into sales. Your blog should be interesting, informative and conversational – this is where most of your potential customers will want to interact with you for updates on vehicles, deals, etc.
Content writing ideas for your blog
Blogs in your dealership’s website should contain fresh and unique ideas. It has to be engrossing and informative. Below you will find some interesting ideas for topics for your dealership’s blog:
• Latest vehicle releases: this post will establish the credibility of the website. If your dealership is launching new vehicles, you need to actively update the vehicle releases on your blog and it should also contain the specifications and price of the newly launched vehicles – it gives clarity to the potential customers.
• Industry news: blogs should be updated frequently with latest news on the auto industry, along with reviews, comments and analysis. Potential customers will be on the look-out for the latest trends in the auto industry.
• Vehicle reviews: customers willing to purchase a car will check your dealership’s blog for vehicle reviews and comments before making a purchase. Blogging on vehicle reviews is helpful for customers to get information. Vehicle reviews should include vehicle specifications, ratings, pricing and photo gallery – all that will make customers interested.
• Events at your dealership: having a blog is similar to having a message board for your business. The blog gives all the relevant information to the customers about your dealership. You can use your dealership’s blog to update the latest events and activities that are taking place at your dealership. It builds a relation between the customer and your dealership.
• FAQs about cars and their maintenance: while purchasing a car, most customers will have various questions related to it. You need to answer the questions regularly on your website’s blog and cover everything that a potential customer needs to know about cars, their maintenance, driving tips, test drive reviews, etc.
• Specials in the service department: you should update the blog with information related to special services or repairs your dealership offers. It should provide information on the blog about the specialty of the service department.
• Seasonal offers or year-end sales: the blog in the website is an easy way to interact with existing customers and developing new customers. You need to update your blog with seasonal offers that you offer or deals on year-end sales.
Tips to make your blog user and search engine-friendly
Search engines rank websites that have fresh, unique and quality content. Dealerships should keep these things in mind before blogging and create conversational and informational content to make it user friendly. Here are some tips to make your blog user and search engine-friendly:
• Quality content: while writing on your dealership blog, you need to make sure that you provide content that is informational, functional and original.
• Update the blog regularly: you should update your blog on a regular basis, as it shows you are serious about your dealership and its success. Regular updates on your blog will drive traffic to the website.
• Make the blog interactive: blogging is a conversational style of documentation. It should focus on a particular area of interest or topic of your dealership. It should be interactive to make customers feel free to respond.
Having a website for your dealership and maintaining a blog in it is very crucial for your auto dealership’s success. Maintain a good one and reap the benefits it offers.