People today are spending more time on the Internet buying and researching products/services. This is especially true when it comes to auto dealerships. People who want to buy vehicles visit dealerships’ websites to check and compare the models, prices, offers, etc., and to get location specific data. This has been proven in several studies:
• According to J.D. Power and Associates’ New Autoshopper Study 2012, nearly four in five U.S. new-vehicle buyers (79% of buyers) use the Internet to gather automotive information before purchasing.
• 78% of AUIs (Automotive Internet Users) use dealership websites primarily for inventory and dealer-specific information, such as directions/location, working hours, and contact information.
In addition, the auto dealership market runs on high competition. It is, therefore, important to have websites for auto dealership businesses to promote themselves online.
Good content is critical for a dealership’s website
Dealerships should have quality content in their websites. It should be useful to the audience, furnishing important information. Quality content in your website will greatly help:
• To engage the audience
• To increase search engine rankings and traffic
• To promote the likelihood of quality links from others sites
Ways to organize content on your dealership’s website
To enhance the audiences’ experience, maintain and organize the content to make it look simple as well as appealing. The following ways would be helpful in this respect.
1. Consistent page layout for organizing content
Structure of a website and organizing the information is generally referred to as page layout. Consistency in layout and design helps visitors navigate the site easily. Thus, have consistency in bullets, link colors, typefaces, background colors, effects, special effects on graphics, and alignment in the main text and the headings. These factors will engage and entertain the visitors.
2. Relevant, fresh and unique content
The content in dealership’s website should be relevant, fresh, unique and user-friendly. Readers generally look for informative content, so include content that is functional. It should be updated periodically. Avoid repeating the content. The content should be first hand, i.e., it should be unique. Avoid content that is not related to your business.
To summarize, auto dealership websites should have content along the following lines:
• The content should be relevant to the products/services that your auto dealership is offering.
• The content should be able to engage the audience. It should be regularly updated with the latest developments in the auto industry and your business.
• The content should be original and should not be repeated.
3. Use simple, easy-to-understand language
Auto dealership websites should have content displayed in easy-to-understand languages. Use short and simple sentences while avoiding complex and lengthy sentences. For better readability of the text, use appropriate fonts, color, size and style.
4. Offer informative content
The content should provide important information regarding your business. With a quick scan of your website, visitors should be able to determine what your dealership is offering to them and how your services are helpful.
Having features like newsletters to which audiences can subscribe, white papers and case studies in the content – all of which offer informative content – will help engage your audience.
5. Make your website a credible source of information
While creating content for a targeted market, it is important to make sure that the content will offer some credible/valuable information that will educate, inform, engage and entertain the readers all at once.
Essentially, concentrating on the needs of the readers and writing from their point of view is important to make the content credible. To achieve this, you can include how-to write-ups and informational articles.
The audience should be able to personalize your dealership’s website. Thus, you should have a website with features like blogs, where audience can give their feedback. This will boost user experience and the credibility of your dealership’s business.
Thus, to survive and succeed in the competition in the market, dealerships should have websites endowed with informative content that is reliable, relevant, simple, updated and well organized.