No matter how you have lost your driving licence whether it has been misplaced, stolen or destroyed you need to apply for a new one. It’s very simple to get a new driving licence and you can follow the steps below to get a new driving licence.
- If your licence has been stolen then the first step you should take is to report the stolen licence to the police. Make sure that when you do this it has definitely been stolen and not lost or misplaced as if it hasn’t you will be wasting both your own and police time in trying to recover it.
- If you have no luck in recovering your lost driving licence you then need to replace it. You can do this via post, telephone or an online form. It’s recommended that you use the online service as this is the quickest and simplest way to apply for a new driving licence. Go onto the motoring section of the Direct Gov website and follow the steps from there to apply for your new driving licence online. This is a site that will prove very handy for any driving information so keep it in mind before and after taking driving lessons.
- To replace your lost licence it will cost 20 pounds and you will need your credit or debit card to pay this on the online service.
- As well as a credit or debit card you will also need another form of identification to prove that you are who you say you are. You will also need to know the addresses of where you have lived for the past 3 years. All of this is put into place to protect your identity although it may be a hassle you should be glad it’s there!
- As well as this it would be helpful if you also have your national insurance number to hand, if you have one as it speeds up the process.
- Once applying for your driving licence and filling out the necessary forms online you then have to sit back and wait for your new driving licence to come through the post!
Following these simple steps will get you your new licence! Whether you have lost your provisional or full driving licence these steps apply however the forms you fill out by post and online differ so be sure you’re filling out the right one for the right licence. You can ask for further information on your driving lessons.
Just Driving offer outstanding driving lessons Leeds to help pupils pass their driving test. Taking driving lessons with Just Driving will make sure that you pass your driving test and become a safe driver.
Not only do they offer outstanding tuition but they also give information on driving lessons in Leeds by writing articles to inform all their learner drivers on things to do, hints and tips both before and after passing their driving test.