Has your neighbor’s car been making loud, unexplained noises? Have both of you noticed leaks on his garage floor when you went over to borrow his hedge trimmer? When he “races” the engine, does it move very slowly or not at all? If so, his car may need some transmission repair service.
Now before you jump out of your seat and scream bloody murder for your neighbor’s dilemma, let me tell you how this dastardly nightmare could have been avoided. My brief advice may be too late to help him but hopefully there’s still time to help you.
We’ve all heard horror stories about the expense of replacing this vital part of your car. Well, I’m here to tell you there are things you can do to avoid costly repairs. Our cars need regular service and maintenance if they are going to run every day at their peak performance. Otherwise, just like our bodies, they will breakdown.
When your car requires transmission repair service, it has an uncanny way of telling you – anywhere and anytime in different ways. That’s scary.
The Top Six Tips for Avoiding Costly Repairs
1. Shift those gears smoothly.
2. Avoid rash or fast driving.
3. Schedule regular maintenance and service check ups.
4. Change your transmission fluid on a manual drive within every 30,000 miles, when it appears dirty or after heavy usage. If your car is an automatic, it’s not a bad idea to check the fluid level each month to avoid costly damage and repair.
5. Keep an eye out for leaks. Do this every time you have your oil changed. Leaks come from cracks, loose bolts and worn out seals.
6. Regularly check fluid levels and if low, immediately refill. This will go a long way to keep your gears from breaking down.
The best place to look for information on your car and its particular needs is in your service manual. Or, you can make friends with a good mechanic and squeeze information out of him on how to avoid trouble.
This fluid, along with oil, is the life blood of your car. If you keep it clean and replenished, it will go a long way in helping you avoid those costly repairs.
Why is this fluid so important?
It lubricates all the moving parts of your car’s engine. It also helps maintain the durability of your car and helps protect the transmission system. I’m sure you’ll agree it is the key to keeping your car operating smoothly and efficiently. The proper fluid level and cleanliness will go a long way in ensuring the individual parts of your car will work harmoniously.
If you follow these simple, but crucial suggestions, you can avoid costly transmission repair work and your valuable time will not be lost. Oh, by the way, tell your neighbor too so he can stay out of trouble in the future.